Doing anything for the first time, especially at a beginner level can be daunting. Moreover, it is highly likely that a person might give up over time, as the situation of setting up something new becomes exhausting. That is why you need a beginner’s guide on “how to” for almost all new tasks to ensure that you see the finish line.
One such daunting task is building a beginner DJ setup. Fortunately, here is a guide on DJ equipment selection to follow while creating a DJ setup this year.
Firstly, you need to decide whether to rent or buy the equipment. Both have its pros and cons.
• Renting is a good option for beginners who are on a budget. Moreover, you do not have to be bothered about the maintenance of the equipment while renting. Besides, you get to try out several different brands of equipment when you start renting.
• On the other hand, buying is good for those who are looking at a long-term commitment and would like to experiment and customize their music setup.
Secondly, you need to choose the equipment wisely.
• Turntable Setup – This is the primary type suitable for learning purposes. For this, you will need two Turntables, two Cartridges, one Mixer, Slipmats, Headphones, Vinyl Records, a good quality RCA Cable for connecting the mixer to the audio output. Alternatively, if you are opting for a Turntable setup using software, then you will need a computer, an Interface Package, and the software such as the Traktor or Serato.
• CD Setup – For this, you will need two CD Turntables, one DJ Mixer, a pair of Headphones, and MP3s/CDs. A CD setup offers more features and better control when compared to a Turntable setup. This kind is usually preferred in most DJ clubs and programs.
• Controller Setup – Here, you will need a computer, a DJ Controller, and suitable software. A controller setup helps to control, customize, and manipulate music tactically.
• All Computer Setup – Here all you need is a computer, software, and audio interface. This is the least expensive and compact option if you already have a computer. It is also portable but not very creative.
Thirdly, now that you have built your DJ setup, it is time to promote your music.
• One of the best ways to do this is to contact a reputed online music Promotion Company such as gosoundcloud that promotes all kinds of music, artists, musicians, and bands in the most confident manner.